As time passes we often grow tired of the design style in our homes. Maybe your décor feels dated, or perhaps you’re just ready for something new. Redecorating doesn’t have to be a daunting, time-consuming and expensive project. To get you started we’ve compiled our favourite tips for Decorating on a Budget:
1. Colour Refresh: The easiest way to transform a room is by changing the wall colour. Depending on the hue you choose, painting can offer a subtle change or dramatic makeover. If you’re feeling handy, create an accent wall with bold printed wallpaper.
2. Bargain Buys: New lamps, and /or shades can make a big difference in any room. Hunt for deals online, or shop for accessories at inexpensive stores like Winners and Home Sense.
3. Toss & Throw: Add a splash of colour to any room with toss cushions, throws and area rugs. Bold shots of colour will update a look very quickly. Hues like lime green, tangerines and bright blues create immediate vibrancy.
4. Bye-Bye Bedding: Is your bedding giving you the blues? Try replacing it with something new. If you’re not ready to purchase an entire set, a simple fur throw at the end of the bed will create a bit more pizazz in your room.
5. Blow Them Up: Old photos sitting on your hard drive? Have them printed, in varying sizes, and frame them with inexpensive picture frames. Try black and white prints for a timeless look. Once you’re ready for something new – change out the images, and even the frames.
6. Drape Design: Freshen up your windows with new ready-made drapery panels. Ikea has some great DIY options. Once the rods are hung you can change the look in the spring to something light and airy and in the fall to something warm and cozy.
7. Less is More: Stand back and evaluate each room with a fresh eye. Always start by removing the clutter that tends to goes unnoticed over time. By simply reorganizing and reducing clutter you can take your home from “lived in” to showhome quality (at no or very little cost).